Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I quote: 'COD ruined online competition'

Go down 
+2
EuroFighter--
xX-UnK-Xx
6 posters
AuthorMessage
xX-UnK-Xx

xX-UnK-Xx

Number of posts : 896
PSN : xX-UnK-Xx
Registration date : 2009-02-06

I quote: 'COD ruined online competition' Empty
PostSubject: I quote: 'COD ruined online competition'   I quote: 'COD ruined online competition' EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 8:07 pm

I stumbeled upon this on consolegaming and I actually agree with most he writes. I know it may not be the perfect section for it but this is the most viewed part of the forum. I will get it replaced in a week. Thanks mods. Wink

Please take the time to read it and discuss it.

So here we go. Most of you i know are going to say "fuck off its not" well it has. COD4 has ruined online gaming. Its Shit. I mean shit. Its ruined everything and games are copying it left right and centre. Its a pain in the arse and noobs are flooding in because of it.

(PS Mods. This links into Killzone 2 as i believe Killzone 2 has also copied COD4. Thus meaning its relative to this section )

Anyway... Heres my thoughts and feelings.

We go way back to when the PS3 first came out. The game that was the best at the time was RFOM. Yes. RFOM. It consisted of skill and teamwork which pulled you through the game and in clan matches it was vital that you yourself was individually good and you contributed to the team aswel. Other wise it was a no go.

So what was it that was different?

Well the thing that was different was the fact that there was only a slight Aim Assist (without it its hard. And even the best of players would find it a struggle). Thus meaning that it helped you only a little to aim at the person you are shooting at meaning you really had to be able to aim yourself to kill the person. And of course with RFOM depending on certain areas the quicker you killed. IE Head 11 shots, body 18. So this seperated the best from the average to the noobs. And noobs only survived by using the noob-tubes and tagging with the bullseye. However although it was annoying at the time you were still good enough to be able to kill them. Another thing is that when you are getting shot in the back you can turn round and still kill that person. Simple as. So thats basically the gameplay. What about perk systems or class systems. There was none. It was the classic arcade of "pick 'em up" and use. There was no perks so EVERYBODY was even. Only different when you picked up different weapons but they were all scattered about the map so it made it fair. Thus meaning that 8/10 when you came up against somone it was an even 1v1 meaning that the best skilled player will win the battle.

It was GREAT. You knew who was the good players and who was the bad players. You even knew how people shoot. There was different techniquesn you could use to dodge bullets and still be able to aim and shoot at the same time meaning that the best players mastered this and noobs just couldnt get the hang of it because they are absloutley bad at aiming.

So moving onto COD4 now. Well. Where do I start?

Perks and Class system. They thought this would be a good idea giving you an edge in different areas. However it does nothing of the sort. They tried to make perks to then create another one to cancel it out. IE Stopping Power and Juggernaught. Though we all know it is not balanced. Is it FUCK balanced. Juggernaught started the worst noobish thing you can ever imagine. To which they learned how to camp with this perk and became the must frustrating thing you can ever think of. Then the ludacris (sp?) perk of matrydome. YOU FUCKING WHA?! Excuse me but maybe its just me but when you die.. a grenade just dont drop out a pocket and can blow itself up. Maybe its just me or did nobody notice that?. Maybe if you were going to throw it yes. But not just randomly pop out. Steady aim. Ok... so a soldier goes into the war. He doesnt get ANYTHING to make him be steady at aiming. Theres the gun son... fucking shoot it and dont miss. Thats it. So where the fuck did that come from? Stopping Power. Ha. Makes a gun magically more powerful. Yeah. Ok. Juggernaught. Ehhh you wot? Armour fair enough but not even the best armour out there can stop a bullet to the head but this can? O fucking rly? I could go through them all but i CBA. So really its meant to be a reality game. Real life yet its nothing of the sort. Infact its more sci-fi than people think.

Then classes. Ok i can see the point not every soldier can carry every weapon and they have got it close to real life. However.... The guns are just unbalanced. RPDs & Automatic Snipers. Need i say more? The 50cal in real life doesnt shoot that fast FFS. Im sorry but once again they fucked up there. I dont mind class systems. But they need to balance out the guns because they are nothing of the sort to real life.

Gameplay. Fast yes. I love fast. However this is stupid as fuck. Its sooo fast that sometimes when you shoot a player first it hit marks them and doesnt die. Eh excuse me. I just hit you with a sniper from point blank range. You should be dead mate. So what the fuck has happened there? So many times i have experianced this its a pain in the arse. They also made it unbalanced with the shooting targets. IE Head 1 shot kills. Foot = 1 shot kills. Wait a min.. even in real life that wouldnt happen. Maybe slow the person down but by fuck it wouldnt kill him unless you blew his foot off. Not only did they fuck up there, but they also fucked up with the fact that its very inconsistent. IE. You could shoot someone in the head and they would drop like a sack of totties but when you fucking do it to the next cunt they laugh at you and hit you in the chest with 1 bullet. Oh right. Sure that would happen in real life.

AA. HAHAHA. Worst thing i have ever seen in my life. Fucking hell.. you dont even have to aim just let the comp do the work for you its that bad allowing any random scrub to become good at the game. FS.... its bad. real bad....

Now your thinking how did it ruin online gaming. Well heres 2 answers. 1. Most people believe and 2 people aint realised. Well not from what i have seen.

1. Players have played COD so much that they are too used to that now and are noobs. Yes folks thats true. People have played COD too much they are used to the scrubby AA and now because of that when they go to any other game they dont get used to that style of game play and think "COD4 is better" - Bullshit. COD4 is bad... the only reason why it was big because no other game came out and challenged it to take it off its horse. Haze FFS. Thats the only thing that challenged it during the peak. So players are soo used to COD4 they cant get into other games. Meaning in my eyes they are noobs. Its scrubby. Noob friendly... shit game. Yes its shit.

2. Games are copying it. Don't believe me check out Resistance 2. Look at RFOM first. Play online then play R2. Strange how totally different it is eh? Well the fact is that people think "Oh look how well COD done lets change it" when in fact the majority of people are crying out for a game to be different. FPS games is now a market for clans. And more and more clans are dropping out because of COD4 is being copied by other games. I mean lets look in comparison

Class sytem introduced to R2. 1 Gun. 1 Pistol. Same as COD4 eh?
Perk Sytem - Prototype ammo allowing more damage (Stopping Power no?) Iron heart (Juggernaught no?) Ring of life (Juggernaught mark II. This time it heals others)

You see? Its the same Even the guns are the fucking same.

Marksmen (R2) = M16.
Bullseye = P90
Carbine = M4 Carbine

Its all the same and its a whole load of bullshit. Jesus christ even Killzone has copied it losing alot of KZ1 fans.

Proof. Class system then go to the Assualt class. MMMM. Extra health remind anyone of something?

You see. COD4 has took over the gaming industry and caused a fucking mess. I for 1. I know plenty of other people stand by me in this is COD4 is shit and ruined online gaming.

Bye Bye skill. Hello Noobs.....

MW2. I aint getting it if its the same as COD4.

Comment if you wish. Say you dont agree with it. But if gaming continues like this then i dont think i will be around TBH. Its getting boring now and i want change. Ill just wait until i can make my own games (College course FTW) and then change it if its gonna be the same all the time.
Back to top Go down
EuroFighter--
EuroFighter--

Number of posts : 326
PSN : EuroFighter--
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: I quote: 'COD ruined online competition'   I quote: 'COD ruined online competition' EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 8:47 pm

Did u copy this post from CG or did u write that all yourself?

Whatever, i will give my opinion about it tomorrow, as I think UnK put a lot of effort in it and Im a bit in a hurry now (Friday evening mates-going out Happy Smile ) and i think this post also deserves a long and serious reply.

So I will post tomorrow bout midday. Cya
Back to top Go down
xX-UnK-Xx

xX-UnK-Xx

PostSubject: Re: I quote: 'COD ruined online competition'   I quote: 'COD ruined online competition' EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 8:55 pm

I didn't write it, I quoted someone from consolegaming. ;-) But it did take me 6 seconds to paste it in mjah :p
Back to top Go down
Staber
Admin
Staber

Number of posts : 1691
PSN : Staber-
Clan : x| Twisted Metal |x

PostSubject: Re: I quote: 'COD ruined online competition'   I quote: 'COD ruined online competition' EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 10:35 pm

Read it twice now, don't know what to think.

But games do copy CoD4. *Cough*Killzone2*Cough*Assaultclass*Cough!*
Back to top Go down
http://www.tmclan.co.cc/
xX-UnK-Xx

xX-UnK-Xx

PostSubject: Re: I quote: 'COD ruined online competition'   I quote: 'COD ruined online competition' EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 10:51 pm

Killzone doesn't copy them actually. They patched out the auto aim exploit and the assault class is not ment to be used like juggernaut was. Since the Assault's armor only protects for a few shots more. :-)
Back to top Go down
Staber
Admin
Staber

PostSubject: Re: I quote: 'COD ruined online competition'   I quote: 'COD ruined online competition' EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:25 pm

Mark post here more :d
Back to top Go down
TerrorShoT
Admin
TerrorShoT

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: I quote: 'COD ruined online competition'   I quote: 'COD ruined online competition' EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 10:40 pm

This Post is the absolutely true, its exactly the same way I thing tbh.

It might be the fault of CoD or its just the Ps3/games who are just shit.
Also if I'm really happy about KILLZONE 2 I wont stick on it as TM doesn't +
Consolegaming fucked the Clanwars rules totally up (Shotguns/BOTS OFF) tzz..

Last edited by TerrorShoT on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://clan-tm.forumotion.com
Staber
Admin
Staber

PostSubject: Re: I quote: 'COD ruined online competition'   I quote: 'COD ruined online competition' EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:12 pm

Last part was hillarious UnK haah, btw this Thursday i got my Killzone 2 back.
Back to top Go down
Callum
Callum

Number of posts : 661
PSN : Your_Nemisis
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: I quote: 'COD ruined online competition'   I quote: 'COD ruined online competition' EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:13 pm

Lol i dont like COD4 anymore, but i will play if i have too.
Back to top Go down
xX-UnK-Xx

xX-UnK-Xx

PostSubject: Re: I quote: 'COD ruined online competition'   I quote: 'COD ruined online competition' EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:14 pm

Callum wrote:
Lol i dont like COD4 anymore, but i will play if i have too.

Neither do we mate. Neither do we. Sad The clan has forced us to move back there together with consolegaming..
Back to top Go down
Callum
Callum

Number of posts : 661
PSN : Your_Nemisis
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: I quote: 'COD ruined online competition'   I quote: 'COD ruined online competition' EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:20 pm

We just have to wait for a new game Happy Smile I will be getting trophies untill one lol
Back to top Go down
DeSTrOYeR

DeSTrOYeR

Number of posts : 631
PSN : x-DeSTrOYeR-™
XBL : Srl Killer
Clan : Twisted Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: I quote: 'COD ruined online competition'   I quote: 'COD ruined online competition' EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 1:44 pm

We should try (sorry, for the moment it would be : you should try Smile ) a strategic FPS with the whole clan, like OF2 or ArmA 2. It would be interesting as the teamplay is really important in those games. Moreover, contrary to CoD it's nearly impossible to shoot a man at 200 meters far, which make them better.

What do you think ?
Back to top Go down
xX-UnK-Xx

xX-UnK-Xx

PostSubject: Re: I quote: 'COD ruined online competition'   I quote: 'COD ruined online competition' EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 1:52 pm

DeSTrOYeR wrote:
We should try (sorry, for the moment it would be : you should try Smile ) a strategic FPS with the whole clan, like OF2 or ArmA 2. It would be interesting as the teamplay is really important in those games. Moreover, contrary to CoD it's nearly impossible to shoot a man at 200 meters far, which make them better.

What do you think ?

We are considering moving there but the releases are scheduled for this summer. If they for example release in september, it's just one month untill BC2 or MW2. If it releases in july for example we will definately move there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Staber
Admin
Staber

PostSubject: Re: I quote: 'COD ruined online competition'   I quote: 'COD ruined online competition' EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 3:09 pm

And buy me a copy aswell then!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I quote: 'COD ruined online competition'   I quote: 'COD ruined online competition' Empty

Back to top Go down

I quote: 'COD ruined online competition'
Page 1 of 1