Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Play Games And Die? - LOL!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eclipos

Number of posts : 224
PSN : Eclipos
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Play Games And Die? - LOL! Empty
PostSubject: Play Games And Die? - LOL!   Play Games And Die? - LOL! EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 8:43 pm

Play games and die!

A new Department of Health advert shows a child holding what appears to be a PlayStation 3 Sixaxis pad and bears the unequivocal warning “RISK AN EARLY DEATH. JUST DO NOTHING”. Shocked? You surely should be…

Further cementing the apparent link between videogames and a premature demise - i.e. yours! - the ad is backed by the heavyweight likes of The British Heart Foundation, Cancer Research and Diabetes UK. So there must be something in it, right?

Well, British society, if we’re to believe the scaremongering tabloid reports, stands on the verge of an obesity epidemic, with all the associated health risks bound therein. However, the last time we looked videogames were not to blame. At the very least not exclusively.

After all, the advert might have been more appropriate if it showed a family parked slack-jawed in front of the telly, as many millions are every night of the week - and have been doing long before games ever came to prominence. But that’s just not as emotive or sensational, is it?

Nope. Games, in spite of the great strides the industry has made to get its consumers, singing, dancing, exercising and flexing their grey matter, are an easy target, plain and simple. And now it appears playing them could lead to some properly life-threatening diseases!

The UK games industry has rallied to its own defence, with trade magazine MCV lodging an official complaint to the Advertising Standards Authority, and Sony stating that they are considering legal action, but it remains to be seen whether it’ll change any deeper-held prejudices. Put another way, we doubt it’s the last time we’ll see games scapegoated like this.

That’s our tuppence worth, although you could say that we’re prejudiced too. But what’s your opinion - are games a key part of a very real problem or, with titles like Wii Fit and Brain Training enjoying massive success, a crucial component of a possible solution?

source - http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/blog/article/1970/
Back to top Go down
Staber
Admin
Staber

Number of posts : 1691
PSN : Staber-
Clan : x| Twisted Metal |x
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Play Games And Die? - LOL!   Play Games And Die? - LOL! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 1:06 am

So, we die if we play Ps3? xD LOL!! Dumbest thing I've heard. Stupid researchers...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tmclan.co.cc/
Eclipos

Number of posts : 224
PSN : Eclipos
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Play Games And Die? - LOL!   Play Games And Die? - LOL! EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 10:55 pm

yeh and i think its unfair on the developers of Sony and Microsoft. But o well hopefully bill gates will bribe them away :P

And ive played games for like 7 odd years since i was a yound kid and i aint fat.
Back to top Go down
Staber
Admin
Staber

PostSubject: Re: Play Games And Die? - LOL!   Play Games And Die? - LOL! EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 2:32 am

I've played games since I was fucking 5. On the PS1. I'm not fat, retarded nor some douche going mass murder on skools lol.
Back to top Go down
DeSTrOYeR

DeSTrOYeR

Number of posts : 631
PSN : x-DeSTrOYeR-™
XBL : Srl Killer
Clan : Twisted Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Play Games And Die? - LOL!   Play Games And Die? - LOL! EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 3:07 am

But you're getting addicted, which is even more dangerous.

And the message of that news is that playing too much video games could reduce your life expectancy with time.
Don't say it's stupid or impossible, when Marie Curie discovered radioactivity, she thought that it was harmless. As a result, she died before she could reach the age of 50.
Back to top Go down
Staber
Admin
Staber

PostSubject: Re: Play Games And Die? - LOL!   Play Games And Die? - LOL! EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 2:54 pm

I don't play tooo much that you could say im only in my room 24/7. I have school and football. But still, it's hard to believe that gaming can shorten your life lol.
Back to top Go down
DeSTrOYeR

DeSTrOYeR

PostSubject: Re: Play Games And Die? - LOL!   Play Games And Die? - LOL! EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 4:03 pm

Yeah I don't really believe it too, but we can't be sure it's "impossible".
Anyway, that would be ridiculous to put the message "Playing can causes death" on every video game box whereas there is no proof of it.

BTW, why are you always talking about Bill Gates when you want to mention Microsoft ?
Back to top Go down
Staber
Admin
Staber

PostSubject: Re: Play Games And Die? - LOL!   Play Games And Die? - LOL! EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 9:03 pm

Cause he created Microsoft?
Back to top Go down
DeSTrOYeR

DeSTrOYeR

PostSubject: Re: Play Games And Die? - LOL!   Play Games And Die? - LOL! EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 10:37 pm

Yes but he didn't create the Xbox 360. He was the big boss of the company but not at the head of Microsoft Game Studios.

As he retired for more than 1 year now, you had better talk about Steve Balmer, even though he's not more specialized in video games than him.
Back to top Go down
Staber
Admin
Staber

PostSubject: Re: Play Games And Die? - LOL!   Play Games And Die? - LOL! EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 2:04 am

Well, I don't know whos the head manager of the 360, I don't really care either lol.
Back to top Go down
DeSTrOYeR

DeSTrOYeR

PostSubject: Re: Play Games And Die? - LOL!   Play Games And Die? - LOL! EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 2:24 am

Neither do I in fact... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Play Games And Die? - LOL!   Play Games And Die? - LOL! Empty

Back to top Go down

Play Games And Die? - LOL!
Page 1 of 1